Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blue Teapot


STORY

I love beautiful objects... pots, cups, saucers, bottles, teapots, you name it. Can't explain it. Makes it dangerous to take me into second hand stores. I usually fall in love with something and have to have it. This teapot was one of these found treasures. It is just so beautiful, I had to include it in a still life. The lace tablecloth in this painting was handmade by my Grandmother and was given to me as a teen. I truly treasure it. Nanny made one of these beautiful hand-crocheted tablecloths for all of her daughters, daughters-in-laws, and granddaughters. I really love blue and orange together - it gave me a lot of pleasure to paint this picture.

Drinking tea with friends is another treasured activity of mine. I wanted this painting to show how we are getting ready for a time of friendship with the special women in our lives.

POETRY

Girlfriend

Make way for beauty
Make way for lace
Remember the love
Remember the place

The tea warms our bodies
The love warms our souls
Our friendship is special
Our stories we've told

In my heart you'll be dear
For now and always
Waiting to share
Our feelings and days.

This painting has been sold

No comments:

Post a Comment